- Apr 19, 2022
Field to fork with Amelia Freer
Celebrate the new season with Amelia Freer’s one-tray roasted vegetable salad.
Meandering coastal paths, colourful wildflowers and woodland trails are at the heart of this season’s Coast to Country collection, which takes inspiration from exploring the outdoors.
As new blooms spring to life and seasonal produce is replenished, there’s no better way to celebrate the change in season than with a nutrient packed salad, made fresh using ingredients taken straight from the vegetable patch. We joined Amelia Freer to discover her favourite field to fork recipe and bring you a vibrant, colourful dish the whole family will love. Read on to give her recipe a go.
Fresh, full of flavour and full of goodness, I hope you’ll agree that this is a winner of a dish. It will keep in the fridge for a lovely cold lunch the next day with some crumbled feta or goat’s cheese.
200g new potatoes, halved
2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced lengthways, then cut into chunks
1 handful of tenderstem broccoli (approx. 100g)
1 bunch of asparagus (approx. 200g), woody ends removed
125g pre-cooked Puy lentils
1 handful of baby leaf spinach
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus extra for serving
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
2. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients until emulsified and smooth.
3. Tumble the potatoes and carrots on to a large roasting tray and drizzle over half the dressing. Turn a few times to coat the vegetables in the dressing, then roast for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are starting to brown and soften.
4.Add the broccoli, asparagus, lentils and the rest of the dressing. Mix or shake everything together again, then roast for a further 10 minutes.
5. When cooked, remove from the oven and tip the roasted salad into a serving bowl. Stir through the baby leaf spinach. The heat of the roasted vegetables and lentils will wilt it slightly.
6. Season with salt and pepper, then divide between bowls and drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and an additional squeeze of lemon.
Explore the whole Coast to Country collection here, or discover the campaign to read more.