Barbour Bedale® Wax JacketIDMWX0018BK91
ABOUT THE Barbour Bedale® Wax Jacket
In 1980, Barbour produced their first short, lightweight jacket, the Bedale. Originally designed for riding, the Bedale is favoured by many Britons, from royalty to pop icons.
Dame Margaret Barbour designed the Bedale with equestrian practicalities in mind – with a shorter length, relaxed fit, rear vents and the essential Nylon inner ‘drip-strip’ that provided resistance to damp from horses seeping into the jacket. Made with mediumweight 6oz waxed cotton and fully interactive with optional zip-in thermal liners and hoods, the Bedale is a brilliant all-year-round jacket.
The classic elements of a Barbour jacket are all included, with a brass two-way ring-pull zip and studded ‘Stormfly’ front, two large bellows pockets and two moleskin-lined handwarmer pockets, and the traditional corduroy collar with studs for a hidden throat flap.
Now a classic, the practicality and simple style of the Bedale remains popular with all ages.
The popularity of the Bedale has inspired a slimmed down version for women – the Beadnell, which is named after a small fishing village in Northumberland.
Did you know: a Bedale has 160 parts, including 49 cut fabric pieces, 103 trims and findings and eight items of packaging, and the jacket takes 36 people in the Barbour factory in South Shields to construct.
Bedale® is a registered trademark of J Barbour & Sons Ltd
- Back length: 76 - 81cm's | 30" - 32"
- Large bellows pockets and moleskin-lined handwarmer pockets
- Ecowax, 100% Waxed Cotton
- 100% Barbour cotton tartan lining
- Corduroy collar
- Interactive zip-in liners, studded for optional hood
- Sponge clean only
- Due to the nature of this wax jacket, the oils within it may transfer onto other materials. we recommend that this jacket is kept away from paler materials, especially in warm conditions