Barbour Beaufort® Wax JacketIDMWX0017SG91
ABOUT THE Barbour Beaufort® Wax Jacket
First available in 1983, the Beaufort jacket, designed by Chairman Dame Margaret Barbour, is one of Barbour's most iconic waxed jackets, featuring the useful full-width, lined, rear Game Pocket.
Fully interactive with a detachable hood and liner, the Beaufort truly is the ultimate, classic all-year-round jacket. Made with medium weight 6oz Thornproof waxed cotton and featuring Velcro wind cuffs and the recognisable studded corduroy collar, the Beaufort will provide good protection in all weathers. The classic-fit jacket features a chunky two-way Barbour ring-pull zip and studded 'Stormfly' close front, two generous bellows pockets and two waist-height moleskin hand warmer pockets for everyday practicality.
Inspired by French shooting jackets, the Beaufort is a shorter length than traditional jackets, and carries a large rear pocket lined with wipe-clean Nylon, suitable for carrying small game, cartridges, or even a newspaper when in town.
While older Beauforts carry the Dress Gordon tartan, the modern Beaufort is lined with the Classic Barbour tartan, which is based on the tartan sett from the Barbour family's original home county of Ayrshire. See exactly what goes into making a Beaufort in Anatomy of a Barbour Jacket.
- Mediumweight Barbour Sylkoil
- Pure cotton Barbour Tartan lining
- Corduroy collar
- Two way zip
- Two large bellow pockets
- Two handwarmer pockets
- Full width, lined, rear game pocket with side zips
- Velcro fastening wind cuffs
- Extra zip pocket underneath the storm flap
- Studded storm fly
- Studded for optional hood
- Length: 33-34ins | 84-86.5cm
- Interactive zip
- Sponge clean only
- Due to the nature of this wax jacket, the oils within it may transfer onto other materials. we recommend that this jacket is kept away from paler materials, especially in warm conditions