- January 11th 2017
Dazzling us with his healthiest dishes, we tasked Chris with the challenge of showing us his favourite lunchtime dish. Having a passion of food since a young age, his love for the kitchen and trying new things has never wavered. Winning BBC’s one’s ‘Yes Chef Competition’ Chris firmly cemented himself as one of the UK’s most upcoming young Chef’s!
Always cooking up lovely lunches for his family, Chris shares with us his families favourite lunchtime dish...
Healthy Lamb Tagine
4-6 lamb steaks, trim away any visible fat and cut into 2cm chunks
2 large onions sliced
3 cloves of garlic sliced
2 tablespoons of ground coriander
2 tablespoons of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of chickpeas drained
500ml lamb stock
1 aubergine chopped into chunks
3 tablespoons of dried apricots
3 tablespoons of sultanas
4 sweet potatoes chopped into 2cm chunks
1 bunch of fresh parsley finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees c
2. Heat a glug of olive oil in a large casserole type pan over a high heat (or tagine if you have one)
3. Add the lamb, onions and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until the lamb in nicely browned
4. Add the spices and cook for another minute
5. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, lamb stock, aubergine, apricots and sultanas and bring to the boil
6. Cover with a lid or a double layer of tin foil and place into the preheated oven for 1 hour
7. After one hour, remove from the oven and add the sweet potatoes. Give everything a good stir, pop the lid or foil back on to the pan and cook in the oven for a 1 more hour
8. After an hour remove from the oven and scatter over chopped parsley and lemon zest
9. This easy lamb tagine is amazing served as it is, however I sometimes like to have it with a few boiled green beans.
Find out more about Chris and his recipes here.
Don't miss out on last weeks healthy breakfast recipe and be sure to look out for next week’s healthy dinner choice!