How to Enter
You can enter really simply by posting a picture of your dog on Instagram telling us why your dog is the best dog to represent the Barbour and Harrington brands.
You must tag @BarbourDogs @HaringtonsPetFood and #BarbourDogs within your post to enter the competition.
The person submitting the photo must have taken it and own the copyright to the photograph.
If you do not have an Instagram account you can email an entry to info@Barbour.com or post a photo to Digital Marketing Team, J Barbour & Sons Ltd, Simonside, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 9PD.
We cannot return any photos submitted by post.
- An opportunity for the winning dog to feature in a joint seasonal marketing campaign for Barbour and Harrington’s Dog Food as well as two separate advertising/marketing campaigns for Barbour and Harrington’s.
- Photography would take place on a one day location / studio shoot likely to be held during October or November 2017 in the UK. Travel and accommodation expenses as well as catering on the campaign shoot day will be paid for and arranged by Barbour for the winner and their dog.
- Additionally, the winner will be able to choose a jacket up to the value of £250, pair of wellington boots up to the value of £100, a collar and lead for their dog, each item up to the value of £50. All items are subject to stock availability.
- The winner will also receive a year’s supply of Harrington’s dry dog food. This will include 1 x 15kg or 12kg bag of dry dog food (any flavour), 1 case of Harringtons Training Treats and one case of mixed wet dog food (choice of either 150g or 400g). This will be supplied as a monthly delivery over a 12 month period. Harringtons will be in contact to gather choice of flavours and delivery information from the winner.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative. In the unlikely event this prize should become unavailable Barbour reserves the right to substitute for a prize of equal or greater value. J Barbour & Sons Ltd reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time without prior notice.
Who can enter?
- This draw is open to everyone resident in the UK excluding employees or agents of Barbour and and/or anyone professionally connected with the promotion and their immediate families.
- Entrants must be 18 years and over.
- The competition is open to all dog breeds including mixed breeds.
- No purchase is necessary and entry is free.
- The competition starts on Friday 3rd March 2017 and runs until 12.00 Monday 3rd July 2017 (GMT).
- Entries must be submitted by 00.00 (GMT) Sunday 18th June to be considered for the shortlist.
- By Monday 26th June 2017, a joint committee of representatives from Barbour and Harrington’s will choose three top entries as to which dog they consider is best placed to represent the Barbour and Harrington brands. The three shortlisted entries will then be voted on using a public poll on Barbour’s @BarbourDogs Instagram account. The poll shall run from Monday 26th June 2017 until 12.00 Monday 3rd July 2017 (GMT).
- The dog which has received the most votes from the public from the three shortlisted entries will win the competition. The winning entry will be informed within 5 days of the closing date of the public poll.
- The decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Entrants agree that their name and photo (person and dog or dog on its own) may appear on www.barbour.com and social channels. By entering this competition, you consent to Barbour revealing your name and the name of your dog as an entrant and winner if successful and revealing the photo on www.barbour.com and other social channels.
- The winner must be available for the respective marketing shoot campaigns to be held at a UK location (to be notified by Barbour) on one day in October or November 2017 (date to be notified). The marketing shoot campaign will likely last for around 9 hours.
- The winner agrees that Barbour and Harrington’s Dog Food (both collectively and separately) may use the imagery taken from the marketing shoot campaign for advertising and marketing purposes for no fee to the owner or the dog. The imagery and advertising campaign may be used globally, with no time restriction and for unlimited use in all distribution channels. This means the imagery may appear on the Barbour and Harrington’s Dog Food products, within advertisements or on point-of-sale materials in retail stores and/or online channels such as Barbour or Harrington’s Dog Food websites.
· The winners must claim their prize within 2 weeks of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Barbour reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to an alternative entrant.
· Please note the prizes cannot be selected from retail stores or claimed via barbour.com. Delivery of the prize will be organised by Barbour to the winner and prizes dispatched directly.
- This competition is being run by Barbour. Barbour is a trading name of J Barbour & Sons Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under company number 124201) whose registered office is Simonside Industrial Estate, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE34 9PD.
- Barbour reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the competition if any problem prevents the competition from running as planned.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.